Apple launched the second generation iPhone SE with its latest flagship chipset A13 Bionic in the first quarter of 2020.
- Apple announced the second-generation iPhone SE in April 2020 and launched it in May 2020.
- It features the industry-leading Apple’s latest A13 Bionic chipset which is used in Apple’s highest offerings and making the device future proof.
- The outdated design of the device can be kept aside considering the given features of the device and its incredible price point.
- The 2nd-gen Apple iPhone SE competes with OnePlus 7 series, OnePlus 8, Samsung Galaxy S10 and S10 Lite, Samsung Note 10 Lite, and Vivo X50 Pro.
Features and Specifications
- The 2nd-gen Apple’s iPhone SE comes with a 4.7” retina HD display. The multi-touch display features IPS LCD technology and has a 1334 x 750 pixel resolution at 326 PPI.
- The display is True Tone display and Wide Colour display (P3) with a max brightness of 625 nits.
- Unlike the 1st-gen iPhone SE, this features a glass panel on the front and back with an aluminum frame.
- The device is coated with a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating and is IP67 rated which means it can be immersed up to a maximum depth of 1m for 30 minutes.
- The device is equipped with a 7nm A13 Bionic chipset . This chipset features a Hexa-core CPU with two high performance cores, Lightning and Thunder running at 2.65GHz and 1.8GHz respectively. The A13 Bionic is the fastest chip ever in a smartphone. The 3.5mm audio jack has been removed for this device.
- The device is equipped with a single 12MP wide camera with an F1.8 aperture and it supports digital zoom up to 5x. The rear camera comes with an OIS and a handful of features such as Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth Control, Portrait Lighting with six effects, Panorama, LED True Tone flash with Slow Sync, Smart HDR for photos, and much more. The front camera features a 7MP lens with an F2.2 aperture. The front camera also features the portrait mode with depth control, Portrait Lighting with six effects and a Retina flash.
- This device is capable of recording 4K at 24/30/60fps, 1080p HD at 30/60fps, and 720p HD at 30fps. The OIS works for video recording and the other main features include digital zoom up to 3x, Extended dynamic range for video up to 30fps, LED True Tone flash, Slow-motion video support for 1080p at 120/240fps, Timelapse with stabilization, Cinematic video stabilization for 4K, 1080p and 720p, Playback zoom, Stereo recording, support for capturing 8MP still photos while recording 4K video. The front camera is capable of capturing 1080p HD at 30fps and also features Cinematic video stabilization for 1080p and 720p video recording.
- The sensors onboard the device are Touch ID Fingerprint sensor, Barometer, Three-axis gyro, Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, and Ambient light sensor.
- The device comes with a 1821mAh non-removable Li-ion battery which is the main drawback of the device. Even Though the device supports 18W fast charging, the 18W adapter is not included in the box.
- The second-gen iPhone SE is 7.3mm thin and weighs just 148g. It’s available in three colors; Black, White, and Red.
Price and Availability
- The 2020 iPhone SE comes in three variants; the 3GB/64GB variant is priced at 42,500 INR, the 3GB/128GB variant is priced at 47,800 INR, 3GB/256GB variant priced at 58,300 INR.
- The device is available for purchase online through Flipkart.
(*At the time of writing this article, the 3GB/64GB variant is available for 35,999 INR, 3GB/128GB variant is available for 41,999 INR, and the 3GB/256GB variant is available for 51,999 INR in Flipkart.)
Do share and follow us on Twitter and Instagram to get updates on our latest blogs and show your support. 😄
Images Source: Apple Official Website